Post by endersai on May 19, 2016 0:42:08 GMT
Following the controversial third season, which saw a third driver's champion crowned, Crowex™ ("Strap-on time") and the FIA present:
CROWEX™ 2016 SAN ANDREAS TOURING CAR CHAMPIONSHIP - SEASON 4
Los Santos, San Andreas: Swiss watchmaker Crowex today announced its continued sponsorship of the popular SATCC racing series. Crowex will act as official timekeeper of the race, as well as providing well crafted and overpriced chronographs to drivers.
Season 4 rules:
Host: Oh_Darn (because Australian interwebs)
Weather: Always set to "current"
Time of Day: Always set to "noon" (except night races marked with an "N")
Dates: The first event is a pre-season test on Friday 3 June 2016 at 10pm UTC (see below for more information).
The season starts Friday 17 June at 10pm UTC.
Cars can be taken from the list below. Please note the "max" number next to each one; once that limit is reached, no more of that car may be entered by a team. In the event of two teams vying for one spot, preference will be on results from last year or Ender's discretion:
Benefactor Schafter* V12 (1/2)
Grotti Carbonizzare (1/3)
Pfister Comet* (3/3) FULL
Lampadati Furore (0/2)
Obey 9F* (1/2)
Albany Alpha (0/3)
Bravado Banshee (2/3)
Bravado Verlierer (4/4) FULL
Invetero Coquette (2/3)
Karin Sultan (0/3)
Dewbauchee Rapid GT (0/2)
Cars marked with a * are subjected to downgrades to balance their pace.
The downgrades are as follows:
Comet - Engine 2 / Trans 4 / Turbo
Surano - Engine 2 / Trans 4 / Turbo
9F - Engine 2 / Trans 0 (Stock) / Turbo
V12 Schafter - Engine 3/Trans 3/Turbo
Note: the Surano may be revised again
Team car selections are LOCKED after the Pre-Season Test (see below).
1) Cars must be one of the prescribed chassis above. Other cars may be considered, provided they are not one of the following: Annis Elegy RH8; Dewbauchee Massacro (both variants); Dinka Jester (both variants); Benefactor Felzter..
2) Cars with a * symbol will be subjected to mandatory downgrades. Those downgrades are enforced on gentleman's agreement.
3) Cars must race in a team of two drivers. Teams must have a principal sponsor – either as a factory team or with sponsorship by a major business in the GTA Universe: gta.wikia.com/Businesses_in_GTA_V
a. Teams must also have an appropriate colour scheme for their team. Care should be taken to avoid duplicating the colours of another team where that team races the same car. Different cars – e.g. Comet, Surano, Coquette – racing in similar colours is permissible
b. Teams cannot share primary sponsors
c. Teams must affix their cars with front, side and rear neons. The neons will be red for the primary driver, yellow for the secondary driver. In a team of two top performing drivers, results from Season 3 can be used as a guideline as can general agreement.
d. Teams must not substantially vary their livery during a season.
4) Teams should run one of the following categories of tyre only – Tuner, Sport, High-End. All other categories are prohibited.
5) Teams may run all other upgrades, including armour, engine, suspension and brakes. The extent to which these are employed are at team discretion and as favoured by individual drivers.
6) The race will start when the sticky bomb explodes and not when the counter reaches zero. The detonation will occur concurrent with a pre-nominated time on the race counter.
7) Where a circuit has a pit stop facility, each driver must make one pitstops per bloc of ten laps. For example, a 15 lap race would be 2 blocs of ten laps (laps 1-10, 11-15) and require two stops. A 25 lap race would be 3 pitstops. Pits must be called out as you take them.
a. A pitstop is not defined by time spent stopping and going, but rather a pass through the pit lane. Drivers must take care to rejoin in a manner that does not endanger the safety of other drivers nor cause other drivers to take avoiding action.
b. Cars may pit on the first lap if they are damaged however this will not count towards their mandatory pit stop tally.
8) Where a driver is at fault for a collision involving one or more other cars, they must take a drive through penalty through the pit lane. This does not count as their mandatory pit stop. Any event that could be deemed a racing incident, such as a loss of control or a desync collision, will not be penalised. However, divebombing or squeezing drivers off the track will be.
a. Where a driver uses an intentional PIT manoeuvre on another car, they will be disqualified
b. The FIA has noted feedback from drivers regarding first turn incidents. Anyone causing a first turn incident will be given a 5 second stop-go penalty.
c. Any incidents caused in the last lap, or made known after the race on recorded footage, will be eligible for a grid penalty on the next race or a time penalty for that race.
9) Any event involving a 3 or more car collision that disrupts the race will result in the deployment of a virtual safety car. The virtual safety car deployment results in the pack slowing down and forming up behind current race leader under the affected cars have formed up to the pack. Once the pack has formed up, Endersai will announce that the safety car as "in". Once that announcement has made, the race leader controls the pace and may speed up or slow down the pack as needed.
a. Overtaking under safety car periods is not allowed
b. taking a pit stop under the safety car period is allowed however cars must remain on reduced speed when entering the pits and merge back into traffic. They may not overtake any cars when exiting the pits, unless the car they are overtaking has crashed in the pit lane. Failure to merge correctly, or gaining positions after exiting the pits, will result in a drive through penalty.
c. If a safety car is called on lap 1, the rule about not pitting on lap 1 remains in effect.
d. Endersai will call out the safety car; it only comes out on his say-so
10) Each player must pay a race entry fee of $500, which forms the basis of a prize pool for the winner of the race. Each driver must bet the full $500 on themselves as winner. Additional bets on a favourite driver must not be placed as they may materially affect the odds in that drivers favour and diminish their prize pool. Failure to comply will result in a grid penalty for the next race.
11) Communication is via TeamSpeak – participants must have this installed. If you do not have a mic, please get one, it's really preferred to typing in chat.
12) Shooting flares at a driver on the post-race podium and setting them alight, whilst hilarious, is not an “acceptable substitute for champagne”.
13) Respawning onto the track is only permissible when your car has crashed into water etc and cannot be recovered to track. Please advise the field if you intend on respawning by calling out your name, that you are spawning, and your position on track (e.g. 11/26)
14) Track limits are defined as tarmac; any section of track extension as fabricated in the Creator to widen the tarmac; some limited dirt roads between tarmac (i.e. on Union Grain 3 Way), and where advised prior to a race by Endersai. Anything not defined as "track" will be subject to FIA Formula 1 rules on track limits. Overtaking with all 4 wheels off the track will be defined as an illegal overtake; if the position is not handed back, penalties will be applied.
15) Racing lines, overtaking, and weaving/defending - for avoidance of doubt we fully use FIA F1 rules here. An overtake is considered done for the purposes of yielding the line on a corner when your front wheels are ahead of the rear wheels of the car you are passing. Late braking overtakes are acceptable provided they do not constitute a dive bomb. You may not weave to block cars behind you - you may leave the racing line once to defend but you may not move back onto it once you have left it.
FIA rules links - www.fia.com/regulations/regulation/fia-formula-one-world-championship-110
16) Use of the trainer in the event is banned.
17) Red Flag - in the event of sustained incidents in the opening stages of the race, i.e. multiple safety cars per lap, the race may be red flagged. The event will be stopped, and Oh_Darn will re-host it from the start.
In the event of the heaviest storms under the weather model, if it is causing multiple accidents cars may form up under safety car and grid up on the start-finish line until the weather subsides.
18) Players are required to cap their screens at 60FPS so as to avoid advantages from FPS boosts.
19) Drivers must elect to drop 2 scores over the course of the season. The scores can only be dropped from the race/s that has/have just been completed. The cards cannot be used for races before the most recent one; nor can drivers vary their choices once they have made them. Should drivers not, by season's end, have nominated their two dropped scores then the FIA will drop the highest and lowest scoring positions.
20) If you don't like a track selected, please PM Endersai and the track creator with constructive feedback. Attacking the track publicly is absolutely not OK. It's just decency - every person puts effort in to make a track and if I've selected it it's because I know it fits my vision for the event. Respect your fellow drivers and offer up suggestions on how their hard work can be enhanced, now how it's "awful."
We use an amended version of the FIA Formula 1 points scoring system for SATCC.
Points are awarded as follows:
If drivers are tied on points, positions are decided on results countback. Wins are compared, and the driver with most wins is classified ahead. If wins are equal, second places are looked at, and so on.
Season 3 qualifying helped to sort the pack into front-middle-back markers, but was time-consuming and inelegant.
Season 4 will use a revised random grid methodology.
Race 1 and 2 - fully randomised grid.
Race 3 and 4 onwards - the top 12 finishers from the final race of previous weekend are randomised as the top 12 for the next weekend. So if a driver finishes race 2 in 8th, they will be included in the top 12 random grid for races 3 and 4. The places from 13 to the end of the grid will then be randomised and a hybrid grid created.
Ender will post up the random grids before the race to aid strategy, and will use random.org/lists/ for the grids.
Atomic Tyres are now the sole tyre supplier for the SATCC. Drivers must use customised tyres in the races.
The strategy group is a PM conversation that reviews decisions such as penalties, and consults on the running of the event. They are there to help guide the event.
This season the group are: Endersai, fab.ICEMAN, Oh_Darn, OvivoJR, DNL_Jackson, Bladecruiser, Pezby, Sabertoothwolf, cloudmcshort, grimreaper977, doompenguin.
Closed. I have more tracks than a doubled-in-size season could accommodate.
2 x Blaine Country 24 pre-season tests
Parson's Loop (1)
Exit 4A 1-Way (2)
Sandy Shores GP (1)
Union Grain Threeway (2)
Blaine County NW (1)
Grotti F1 Peckerwood (2)
2016 SATCC Zan Cudochamps (1)
Grotti F1 Montreal (2)
Barracks Obama (1)
Spa Short (2)
Sandy Shores Extension (1)
Fever Pitch (2)(N)
Alamo Marina Grand Prix (2)
Del Perro GP (1)(N)
On the YARN (2)
End of season awards ceremony on Darn's yacht.
The pre-season test is the final chance for teams to make changes to their cars. After this, the team is locked to the car for that season.
On Friday 3 June at 10pm UTC, 2 x 30min sessions at Blaine County 24h will be held. These are for teams to test the competitiveness of their cars over a lap that includes high speed turns, slow speed turns, technical sections, and long straights. The sessions are broken up for two reasons; 1) to allow any car or chassis changes between events (e.g. tyres or wings) and 2) in case some of the Le Mans participants cannot make the event.
No points will be awarded but teams must run in their Season 4 colours, including neons. The purpose is not to win, it's to see how your car runs through different configurations of track. I would love it see people waiting for one another to simulate battle through some sections as it benefits all teams to know the strengths and weaknesses of their cars.
Attendance is not mandatory here. Though, players have a week from the end of the pre-season test to finalise their car choice for the season. They must be locked in before race 1.
Given interest we will expand the grid to 28 cars.
Culture became a problem in SATCC in the past, with the appeal of the event being rooted in its more laid back approach and that fun being stripped back by increasingly hostile competitiveness.
Signups this year are based on a priority-by-invitation model. That is, invites will be issued to people who, in previous SATCC events, (including prior seasons and the recent Young Driver Tests) demonstrated the right attitude of clean racing, fun personality, calm head, and respect for their fellow drivers.
Speed is less important than those attributes, particularly respect.
Progen Racing Team driving a Pfister Comet in McLaren Orange and black
3. fab. ICEMAN (GER)
4. endersai (AUS)
TerrOIL Racing driving a Pfister Comet in black and orange
5. @pezby (AUS)
6. SabertoothWolF (AUS)
Beaker's Garage Racing Team driving an Invetero Coquette in racing green and red.
7. michiski22 (BEL)
8. Daleks (@darkalex45) (SLO)
FlyUS Bravado Racing driving a Bravado Verlierer in grace red and white
9. lewjen (smithyonetwelve) (GBR)
10. The_Bad_Loser (USA)
Pfister Racing Team driving a Pfister Comet in red and yellow
11. ovivoJR (GER)
12. Dnl_Jackson (GER)
Augury Racing Team driving a Bravado Verlierer in minty fresh
14. Grumples_Plox (grimreaper977) (GBR)
15. @raptox (GER)
Gruppe Sechs Racing racing a Benefactor Schafter V12 in crew green and black
18. Tspoon (USA)
19. Tonyborbony (NED)
Pro-Laps Racing Team driving a Bravado Banshee in orange and white
28. Superstepa_ (EST)
29. jsantospt (PRT)
Yes, I know there's no #13. That's deliberate.
Kaleeeeeeeeb DarkAlex Jeffrey
Note: When sourcing your reserve driver please ensure they are appointed no later than 24 hours before a race start.
End of Season Awards
At the end of the season, we'll head to Oh_Darn's yacht for the end of season awards. The dress code is formal.
These are the awards. Awards marked with a * are results based; the rest are votes based.
- Season 4 Driver's Champion*
- Season 4 Constructor's Champion*
- YouTool Award for Fastest Laps*
- Rookie of the Year (rookie = first season in SATCC, not first season in any event)
- Veteran of the Year (veteran is someone who has raced in more than 1 season of SATCC
- Most improved (measured either season to season or during the season)
- Best overtaking move (needs video evidence)
- Best car of Season 4
- Best track of Season 4*
Please make notes as you go through the season - this event is about you guys and calling out respectful behaviour from newbies and oldbies alike as well as good overtakes, improved driving, and track design is a great way to recognise the crew's efforts.
Voting closes Friday 26 August.
SATCC HALL OF FAME
Driver Champion: OvivoJR (GER)
Constructor Champions: Benefactor Motorsports (OvivoJR, fab.ICEMAN) - Benefactor Surano
Driver Champion: Oh_Darn (NED)
Constructor Champions: Pfister Racing Team (Oh_Darn, Endersai) - Pfister Comet
Driver Champion: doompenguin (GBR)
Constructor Champions: Augury Insurance Racing Team (doompenguin, grimreaper977) - Benefactor Surano