(PC) D-Railed Rally Cross -- July 16 7:15 PM (Complete) Jul 7, 2016 5:39:15 GMT Renegade1911, The_Bad_Loser, and 11 more like this
Post by Tspoon on Jul 7, 2016 5:39:15 GMT
D-Railed Rally Cross
is presented by:
is presented by:
Not too long ago Kalev , Tonyborbony , EDDI2142 , Dex916 and I found ourselves in a post Welcome to Nodo Playlist, with no events that we could all participate in. We figured that a lot of events and playlists take place either on a weekday or on Sundays. However, there are not many events on Saturday, although in the near future there are quite a few. In addition, to the lack of events at the time, most of the weekend events are very competitive, which might not be interesting for casual players.
In light of the successful Mario Cart event we have decided to present another casual and fun racing event. This time it will involve quite a bit of racing off of the tarmac and a few love taps here and there. If you enjoyed the fun atmosphere in Mario Cart weeks this is the place for you. However unlike Mario Cart this will be a one off event due to the high volume of awesome events in the near future. If you guys have a good time please let us know and we can defiantly bring you a similar event in the future.
This event will occur at 7:15 PM UTC on Saturday July 16. Why 7:15? Well this will make sure that the event prior to this one, Broughcar will be completed and for drivers participating in both events to take a short break.
Cars allowed: Kuruma, Armored Kuruma, Sultan (the sports version), Omnis, and Tropos Rallye.
This event will consist of two parts that are placed back to back. There may be a short break between the two (5 minutes max) if it is required, time provided.
The first part will be called the heats while the second will be the finals. Given this is a causal event drivers will not be eliminated in the heats however the top competitors will participate in finals while the rest of the drivers, and the majority of the drivers, will participate in a different lobby, with the same number and length of races on the same tracks.
Overall the event will consist of either 6 or 8 races total, 3 or 4 races in each stage. We expect the event to take between 2 and 2 and a half hours to complete. Meaning that each race will be between 12 and 15 minutes.
Drivers will advance in the following fashions. First the top 2 drivers from each heat will advance to the finals. The remaining drivers with the most points in the playlists will advance to the finals until all spots are full (probably 8 spots).
Due to the tight nature of Rally Cross racing the number of drivers in each playlist will be limited to 8 (soft limit). That being said there will be multiple of the same playlist running simultaneously. I would like to take a moment to thank my close friends and event organizers Kalev , Tonyborbony , EDDI2142 , and Dex916 who will be helping by hosting one of the playlists in order for the event to be possible.
Rules and Procedure:
1) Standard NoDo Racing Guidelines apply. This means you will never intentionally ram or take someone out, you will give people room on the track if they need it, you wait for anyone you accidentally take out even if it "didn't happen on your screen", and you will always be kind to fellow crew members. The point of this event is not to win, it is to give casual players a proper racing experience.
2) You must be in Teamspeak to participate in this event.
Don’t worry, we don’t expect you to talk, but you must be able to hear other players. For info on how to both use Teamspeak and get it installed, please visit this thread: Nonchalant Dominance Teamspeak Server
3) ALWAYS listen to the hosts. If the hosts ask you to wait at the start in order to give others cars in GTA mode, decide that the race will require mandatory pit stops (or in the case of Rally Cross joker laps), or whatever the case may be, you must listen to them and do as they ask. GTA mode will NEVER be for shooting unless clearly said by the host. If a race is on GTA assume that it is for car swapping and pit stops.
4) This event is meant for having fun and for casual racing, if you think that you’re not disturbed by people rambling and making jokes on Teamspeak, then this event is perfect for you. If however, you want to join to win races, you might want to look at more serious events. The car selections are announced in advance. This does not apply to the track selection, we want to prevent people from getting an advantage by practicing every track.
5) A quick note about gridding for the first race of the heats, there will be a grid order based on the cars being driven. Sultans will be at the front of the grid, followed by Armored Kurumas, with Kurumas in the back.
6) To balance things out, players who frequently win races, especially when they finish with a huge gap between them and the second car, will be asked to start the following race from the back of the grid. For the finals participants will be gridded in reverse points order, whoever comes into the finals with the most points will start in the back and so on. If there is a tie it will be broken first by playlist finishing position, this will make more sense after the heats are completed, and then by car type as listed above. We want to maintain a casual atmosphere with good battles between the participants.
Moreover, if a racer doesn’t follow the rules and instructions of this event, he will not be allowed to sign up for future renditions of this event.
7) We will be spawning cars at the start of races for those who do not bring one. With this in mid we know not everyone will have a car and that is fine but please remember that if you want a specific car in the races the only way to guarantee it will be available is to bring it yourself.
8) If possible please bring a themed car to the pre-lobby meetup.
In order to keep the offroady and GTAish feel of the event all drivers are required to use tyres in the OFF ROAD CLASS. All other modifications to cars will be allowed, however drivers are encouraged to design a car that looks like it could belong in a Rally event, this being said the way to big on the Kurumas could cause problems on the tight tracks often seen in Rally Cross. For these reasons we are recommending against equipping it to your car. In the end it is up to you but the event will be more enjoyable if we stay in theme.
This event offers 19 spots for signups and you have to sign up prior to the event, By early Saturday morning UTC (4-5 AM), by making a post below. In case of higher demand, we will attempt adjust the number of signups.
Tspoon (R*SC == TurtleNamedMack), linked below, will be hosting the event. Dex916 will be my co-host in case of connection problems. Please make sure to add TurtleNamedMack on social club and to be in the “Event Waiting Room” on Teamspeak 15 minutes before the event starts. It’s your responsibility to add the host before the event starts, otherwise you might not be allowed to participate although we will do our best to accomidate.
Do I have to stay for the whole event?
No. Since the target group of this event are casual players, we don’t want to force anyone to be present during the whole event. However it is recommended that if you can that you do as it will improve the quality of the event.
What if I’m not sure I can attend?
In this case please sign up as a reserve if there are spots still available come race day and you are able to attend show up and we will let you participate.
More to come if there are more questions.
Due to the High levels of interest in this event I am adding 8 Additional spots from 19 to 27 bringing total participants to 32. This means that the top 2 from each playlist of 8 will advance if we hit maximum signups. If we reach more than 19 signups 4 playlists will be run and the participants will be divided as equally as possible. Also adding the hosts and organizers to the signups list in positions 28-32
5. Just Hero