Post by EDDI2142 on Jul 23, 2018 20:22:39 GMT
Mario Kart THE return
This event focuses on giving weekend players an opportunity to participate in full races. Of course all the other players are welcome too. This is the perfect place for good chats, jokes and battles.
On the race date, we'll be racing a selection of cars in different classes (see below). If you don’t have a certain car, the hosts will provide you one.
Thank you for reading and I hope to see you in the event.
Presented below are the 4 different rounds with the respective classes. In each round there will be 6 races, each running for 15-20 min, such that the entire event lasts around 2 hours. You’re only allowed to use the cars named below. As mentioned above, the hosts will provide cars if necessary. If you don't have a required car, choose the stock version of the car that you want to use, this makes giving you the right car much easier.
04.08.2018 6.30pm UTC: Mushroom Cup
Cognescenti Cabrio, F620, Felon GT, Oracle, Sentinel (NOT XS)
Deluxo, Infernus Classic, Rapid GT Classic, Stirling GT, Swinger, Torero
11.08.2017 6.30pm UTC: Flower Cup
Comet Safari, GB200, Jester Classic, Kuruma, Lynx, Omnis, Sprunk Buffalo, Tropos Rallye
Bifta, Brawler, Desert raid, Nightshark, Trophy Truck
18.08.2018 6.30pm UTC: Star Cup
Burger Shot Stallion, Hermes, Phoenix, Redwood Gauntlet, Tampa
Granger, Rocoto, Serrano, XLS
25.08.2018 6.30pm UTC: Special Cup
Asterope, Cognoscenti 55, Stanier, Warrener, Washington, Windsor Drop
Cheetah, GP1, SC1, Vacca, Entity XXR, Sultan RS, Banshee 900R
Rules and Procedure:
1) Standard NoDo Racing Guidelines apply. This means you will never intentionally ram or take someone out, you will give people room on the track if they need it, you wait for anyone you accidentally take out even if it "didn't happen on your screen", and you will always be kind to fellow crew members. The point of this event is not to create a competitive environment, it is to give casual players a proper racing experience.
2) You must be in Discord to participate in this event.
Don’t worry, we don’t expect you to talk, but you must be able to hear other players.
3) ALWAYS listen to the hosts. If the hosts ask you to wait at the start in order to give others cars in GTA mode, and that the race will require mandatory pit stops, or whatever the case may be, you must listen to them and do as they ask. GTA mode will NEVER be for shooting unless clearly said by the host. If a race is on GTA assume that it is for car swapping and pit stops.
4) This event is meant for having fun and for casual racing, if you think that you’re not disturbed by people rambling and making jokes on Discord, then this event is perfect for you. If however, you want to join to win races, you might want to look at more serious events. The car selections are announced in advance. This does not apply to the track selection, we want to prevent people from getting an advantage by hot lapping every track.
5) To balance things out, the top ten of the previous race will start at the back of the grid in reverse order (races 2-6). We want to maintain a casual atmosphere with good battles between the participants. For race 1 the random R* grid will be used.
Moreover, if a racer doesn’t follow the rules and instructions of this event, he will not be allowed to sign up for future renditions of this event.
This event offers 20 spots for signups.
Signups will be closed at Saturday 12am UTC if the event isn’t full by then.
EDDI2142 will be hosting the event. Make sure to add EDDI2142 on social club and to be in the “Event Waiting Room” on Discord 15 minutes before the event starts. It’s your responsibility to add the host before the event starts, otherwise you might not be allowed to participate.
Do I have to stay for the whole event?
No. Since the target group of this event are casual players, we don’t want to force anyone to be present during the whole event.
Signups for Saturday August 25th 6.30pm UTC
Signups limited to 20