(PC) Comet Cup - June 5th - June 12th May 5, 2016 17:32:13 GMT The_Bad_Loser, HiBerg, and 12 more like this
Post by Prismide on May 5, 2016 17:32:13 GMT
Comet Cup (PC) Information:
Schedule: (When and Where)
- Qualifying: 5th June, on Great Chaparral circuit, 5:30pm UTC
- Great Chaparral Circuit: 5th June 6pm UTC - 45 mins
- Seafront fuel run!: 5th June 7pm UTC - 45mins
- Elysian Fields Raceway 12th June 6pm UTC - 45mins
- The Greater Bridges 12th June 7pm UTC - 45mins
Disclaimer: Try the tracks out before signing up, so you know what you're signing up for
Credit: slothedits , Thx bruh. The last track has changed from Junction Grand prix to Burnin' Bridges Ultima
How It Works:
- Only comets can be used
- Sports tires only
- Teams of 3, in game company or crew
- 9 teams overall
- Unique pit system
- 60 FPS limit!
Every driver is required to be in the same channel for communication between drivers and for the pit calls, if any driver is not in the team-speak they will be DQ'd from the race, no exceptions.
During the races the text chat is only for use if absolutely necessary.
- 2 mandatory pits on each race, each last 2 minutes. No window for pits however no pitting on first lap or last lap.
Pitting in the series has an actual pit stop for each of the 9 teams, this is where you will be for 2 whole minutes. Each team is assigned with a number which corresponds with the pit number in the pictures below for each tracks pit. The pit master will give you a time (2 minutes from when you enter your teams pit) this is when you can leave your teams pit box to carry on racing. If you leave before your timer ends, the pit stop will not count and you will have to retake it on a later lap. If you fail to do both pits you will get a 1 minute 30 penalty for each time you miss. If you do this repeated times you will be kicked from the cup. The number corresponds with the team who will be in it.
- Just for racer knowledge, if you tab out of the game in your pit for more than 30 secs, you could run into a kicked screen. However if you do not tab out and sit afk, it should give you 15 minutes till you are kicked.
- No one is allowed to leave their vehicles, unless you want to kick the S**t out of your other pitted friends car. Just do not get in the way of the cars in the pit lane or obstruct other pits. They have permission to run you over if you do.
- Elysian fields raceway
- The Greater Bridges
-Qualifying will be 30 minutes before the Great Chaparral race.
-There will be 3 flying laps to get a good time.
- on the 1st lap get into a single file line and every 5 seconds 1 car will go. On the 5th lap line up in the pits and wait for instructions to finish the race.
- This will only determine your starting position in the first race, after the first race you will start in your overall positions.
- The teams will be randomized to make the teams as fair as possible.
- We need 9 team leaders too apply with their name and their team.
- Once we have all the teams, I will assign everyone into one randomly. The teams can be an in-game company or a crew.
- Teams should have a primary and wheel colour which is on each car.
- Each team will have it's own unique look in the cup, if two teams both apply with the same colour scheme or very similar, the team which signed up first will get the priority of the colour scheme.
- The colour rule is too make it easier for the pit master too be able to call out teams easier and too have more variety.
- Pre-race free roam lobbies will open 15 mins before the races start.
- This is 5:15PM UTC for week 1 and 5:45pm UTC week 2
- Come to the designated meeting point with your comet.
- Make sure you join the session with at least 3-4 minutes until the race starts.
- Blue flags will not apply as drivers will be doing pit stops which put them down multiple laps on the shorter tracks and 1 lap down on the longer tracks.
- however if you know the driver behind you is fighting for a position and you're at the back of the field. Let them past.
- Reserve drivers can get points for the constructors cup.
- If the driver takes part in a race(s), or even replaces a driver, they will have the points they gained put too their name in the cup standings.
In recent events such as the MCEC and Le Mans, there unfortunately has been mass drop outs. For this event, I would like everyone to be able to show up to the event and not drop out because "I can't be bothered"! If you have a valid excuse it is fair enough and we would like to see it in the forums or in a PM, however if you miss two races your seat will be up for grabs by reserves as full time replacements.
- If there's 2 or more DC's, We will restart the race. However if it will only restart once (unless mass dropouts occur (5+))
- If you wish to enter this event, try the tracks yourself in a comet. These races are not made to just roll around. If you have experience with the comet, you will know that it takes a long time to master it and be consistent with it, especially over kerbs/ curbs.
- If this is your first event, make sure that you have done all the steps too compete. If you do not having any/much racing experience, join the Welcome to NODO weekly playlist .
- If you see anything missing in this post or have any suggestions, I would gladly listen and will see what I can do about it.
- Any questions? PM me here.
Summary of each track with a GIF:
- Great Chaparral Circuit:
- Seafront fuel run:
- Elysian Fields raceway:
- Burnin' Bridges Ultima
*Notice how they all have crashing in them
Team 1: Vangelico Le Mans Motorsport (Pit 1)
Team 2: Debonaire Motorsport(Pit 2)
Team 3: Benny's Motorworks(Pit 3)
Team 4: Jacksheepe (Pit 4)
Team 5: Beaker's Garage (Pit 5)
Team 6: Merryweather Racing(Pit 6)
Team 7: Terroil Racing (Pit 7)
Team 8: Phat Chips motors(Pit 8)