COMPLETED (PC) The Mario Kart 150cc Cup Aug 10, 2016 20:20:25 GMT pindadoper, Just Hero, and 6 more like this
Post by EDDI2142 on Aug 10, 2016 20:20:25 GMT
The Mario Kart 150cc Cup
After the quite successful Mario Kart 100cc event, I'm happy to announce the 150cc edition. Shortly after this event, I'm planning on hosting the 50cc rendition as well (depending on how many events are scheduled afterwards).
Once again this event focuses on giving weekend players an opportunity to participate in full races. Of course all the other casual players are welcome too. This is the perfect place for good chats, jokes and battles. If you’re new to the crew I recommend join the Welcome To NoDo Weekly Playlist first to learn how we race in this crew. Knowing the general race craft is expected from the participants. Treat other racers with respect and give them enough space.
On each date, we’ll be racing two classes in 4 races each. The cars will be in the higher tier. If you don’t have a certain car, the hosts will provide you one.
Thank you for reading and I hope to see you in the event. Make sure to check out Hertz 's event that will take place shortly after this one.
Special thanks to Kalev and Tspoon for their willingness to help out during the event.
Presented below are the 2 different rounds with the respective classes. In each round there will be 8 races, each running for 10-15 min, such that the entire event lasts around 2 hours. You’re only allowed to use the cars named below. As mentioned above, the host will provide cars, if necessary. If you don't have a required car, choose the stock version of the car that you want to use, this makes giving you the right car much easier.
17.09.2016 6pm UTC: Star Cup
Casco, Pigalle, Stirling GT (NO SPOILER), Z-type
Elegy RH8, Feltzer, Jester, Jester (Racecar), Massacro, Massacro (Racecar), Seven-70
24.09.2016 6pm UTC: Special Cup
Blade, Coquette BlackFin, Dominator, Dukes, Ruiner
Entity XF, FMJ, Osiris, Reaper, T20, Turismo R, Zentorno
Rules and Procedure:
1) Standard NoDo Racing Guidelines apply. This means you will never intentionally ram or take someone out, you will give people room on the track if they need it, you wait for anyone you accidentally take out even if it "didn't happen on your screen", and you will always be kind to fellow crew members. The point of this event is not to create a competitive environment, it is to give casual players a proper racing experience.
2) You must be in Teamspeak to participate in this event.
Don’t worry, we don’t expect you to talk, but you must be able to hear other players. For info on how to both use Teamspeak and get it installed, please visit this thread: Nonchalant Dominance Teamspeak Server
3) ALWAYS listen to the hosts. If the hosts ask you to wait at the start in order to give others cars in GTA mode, decide that the race will require mandatory pit stops, or whatever the case may be, you must listen to them and do as they ask. GTA mode will NEVER be for shooting unless clearly said by the host. If a race is on GTA assume that it is for car swapping and pit stops.
4) This event is meant for having fun and for casual racing, if you think that you’re not disturbed by people rambling and making jokes on Teamspeak, then this event is perfect for you. If however, you want to join to win races, you might want to look at more serious events. The car selections are announced in advance. This does not apply to the track selection, we want to prevent people from getting an advantage by hot lapping every track.
5) To balance things out, the top ten of the previous race will start at the back of the grid in reverse order (races 2-4 & 6-8). We want to maintain a casual atmosphere with good battles between the participants. For race 1 & 5 the random R* grid will be used.
Moreover, if a racer doesn’t follow the rules and instructions of this event, he will not be allowed to sign up for future renditions of this event.
This event offers 20 spots for signups and you have to sign up for both weeks by making a post below. After round one, the list will be deleted and EDDI2142 will reopen the signups on Sunday for the second round. By using this procedure, we want to give the players who don’t log on every day, a chance to sign up for an event. In addition, having new signups every week allows people to join when it fits their schedule. In other words, signing up for one round doesn’t force you to join the other one in case of schedule collisions.
Signups will be closed at Saturday 12am UTC if the event isn’t full by then.
EDDI2142 will be hosting the event. Kalev and Tspoon will be co-hosts. Make sure to add EDDI2142 on social club and to be in the “Event Waiting Room” on Teamspeak 15 minutes before the event starts. It’s your responsibility to add the host before the event starts, otherwise you might not be allowed to participate.
Do I have to stay for the whole event?
No. Since the target group of this event are casual players, we don’t want to force anyone to be present during the whole event.
Is it mandatory to join both rounds?
No. Same reasons as above apply. We don’t want to force anyone to commit to racing every single week.
Signups for Saturday September 24th 6pm UTC
Signups limited to 20
18. Wise Traveller
3. Daleks (@darkalex45)