Post by endersai on Dec 22, 2015 3:24:44 GMT
Following on from an electrifying Season 2, which saw defending champion OvivoJR lose his title to Oh_Darn, we present...
2015 CROWEX SAN ANDREAS TOURING CAR CHAMPIONSHIP - SEASON 3
Los Santos, San Andreas - Swiss luxury timepiece maker Crowex announced its continued sponsorship of the San Andreas Touring Car championship. Crowex will provide timekeeping for qualifying and race events, and acts as title sponsor.
Season 3 rules:
Host: Oh_Darn (because Australian interwebs)
Weather: Always set to "current"
Dates: Every second Friday from 29 January 2016 for 6 events (12 races). This event will alternate with the Grotti F1 Championship on Fridays.
Cars can be taken from the list below. Please note the "max" number next to each one; once that limit is reached, no more of that car may be entered by a team. In the event of two teams vying for one spot, preference will be on results from last year or Ender's discretion:
Grotti Carbonizzare (1/2)
Pfister Comet* (1/2)
Benefactor Surano*(2/2 FULL)
Benefactor Schafter V12* (0/2)
Obey 9F*† (Max 1)
Albany Alpha (lol)
Bravado Banshee (3/3 FULL)
Bravado Verlierer (2/3)
Invetero Coquette (0/3)
Karin Sultan (2/3)
1) Cars must be one of the prescribed chassis above. Other cars may be considered, provided they are not one of the following: Annis Elegy RH8; Dewbauchee Massacro (both variants); Dinka Jester (both variants); Benefactor Felzter;
2) Cars with a * symbol will be subjected to mandatory downgrades. Those downgrades will be advised. Cars with the † symbol are subject to prior approval from Endersai; heavy downgrades, and will only be allowed by 1 team in Season 3 as a test run.
3) Cars must race in a team of two drivers. Teams must have a principal sponsor – either as a factory team or with sponsorship by a major business in the GTA Universe: gta.wikia.com/Businesses_in_GTA_V
a. Teams must also have an appropriate colour scheme for their team. Care should be taken to avoid duplicating the colours of another team where that team races the same car. Different cars – e.g. Comet, Surano, Coquette – racing in similar colours is permissible
b. Teams cannot share primary sponsors
c. Teams must affix their cars with front, side and rear neons. The neons will be red for the primary driver, yellow for the secondary driver. In a team of two top performing drivers, results from Season 1 can be used as a guideline as can general agreement.
d. Teams must not substantially vary their livery during a season.
4) Teams should run one of the following categories of tyre only – Tuner, Sport, High-End. All other categories are prohibited.
5) Teams may run all other upgrades, including armour, engine, suspension and brakes. The extent to which these are employed are at team discretion and as favoured by individual drivers.
6) The race will start when the sticky bomb explodes and not when the counter reaches zero. The detonation will occur concurrent with a pre-nominated time on the race counter.
7) Where a circuit has a pit stop facility, each driver must make one pitstops per bloc of ten laps. For example, a 15 lap race would be 2 blocs of ten laps (laps 1-10, 11-15) and require two stops. A 25 lap race would be 3 pitstops. Pits must be called out as you take them.
a. A pitstop is not defined by time spent stopping and going, but rather a pass through the pit lane. Drivers must take care to rejoin in a manner that does not endanger the safety of other drivers nor cause other drivers to take avoiding action.
b. Cars may pit on the first lap if they are damaged however this will not count towards their mandatory pit stop tally.
8) Where a driver is at fault for a collision involving one or more other cars, they must take a drive through penalty through the pit lane. This does not count as their mandatory pit stop. Any event that could be deemed a racing incident, such as a loss of control or a desync collision, will not be penalised. However, divebombing or squeezing drivers off the track will be.
a. Where a driver uses an intentional PIT manoeuvre on another car, they will be disqualified
b. The FIA has noted feedback from drivers regarding first turn incidents. Anyone causing a first turn incident will be given a 5 second stop-go penalty.
c. Any incidents caused in the last lap, or made known after the race on recorded footage, will be eligible for a grid penalty on the next race or a time penalty for that race.
9) Any event involving a 3 or more car collision will result in the deployment of a virtual safety car. The virtual safety car deployment results in the pack slowing down and forming up behind current race leader under the affected cars have formed up to the pack. Once the pack has formed up, Endersai will announce that the safety car as "in". Once that announcement has made, the race leader controls the pace and may speed up or slow down the pack as needed.
a. Overtaking under safety car periods is not allowed
b. taking a pit stop under the safety car period is not allowed.
10) Each player must pay a race entry fee of $500, which forms the basis of a prize pool for the winner of the race. Each driver must bet the full $500 on themselves as winner. Additional bets on a favourite driver must not be placed as they may materially affect the odds in that drivers favour and diminish their prize pool. Failure to comply will result in a grid penalty for the next race.
11) Communication is via TeamSpeak – participants must have this installed. If you do not have a mic, please get one, it's really preferred to typing in chat.
12) Shooting flares at a driver on the post-race podium and setting them alight, whilst hilarious, is not an “acceptable substitute for champagne”.
13) Respawning onto the track is only permissible when your car has crashed into water etc and cannot be recovered to track. Please advise the field if you intend on respawning. A respawn will be a safety car event.
14) Track limits are defined as tarmac; any section of track extension as fabricated in the Creator to widen the tarmac; some limited dirt roads between tarmac (i.e. on Union Grain 3 Way), and where advised prior to a race by Endersai. Anything not defined as "track" will be subject to FIA Formula 1 rules on track limits. Overtaking with all 4 wheels off the track will be defined as an illegal overtake; if the position is not handed back, penalties will be applied.
15) Racing lines, overtaking, and weaving/defending - for avoidance of doubt we fully use FIA F1 rules here. An overtake is considered done for the purposes of yielding the line on a corner when your front wheels are ahead of the rear wheels of the car you are passing. Late braking overtakes are acceptable provided they do not constitute a dive bomb. You may not weave to block cars behind you - you may leave the racing line once to defend but you may not move back onto it once you have left it.
FIA rules links - www.fia.com/regulations/regulation/fia-formula-one-world-championship-110
16) Use of the trainer in the event is banned. Period. No spawning choppers or blimps to record. No spawning a car for a reserve. Nothing. Use of the trainer at any point will result in a season-wide disqualification for the team. So you can explain to your team mate why you couldn't follow instructions and cost them all those delicious, juicy points.
17) Red Flag - in the event of sustained incidents in the opening stages of the race, i.e. multiple safety cars per lap, the race may be red flagged. The event will be stopped, and Oh_Darn will re-host it from the start.
In the event of the heaviest storms under the weather model, if it is causing multiple accidents cars may form up under safety car and grid up on the start-finish line until the weather subsides.
We use the FIA Formula 1 points scoring system for SATCC.
Points are awarded as follows:
1st place - 25 points
3rd - 15;
5th - 10;
6th - 8;
7th - 6;
8th - 4;
9th - 2;
10th - 1.
If drivers are tied on points, positions are decided on results countback. Wins are compared, and the driver with most wins is classified ahead. If wins are equal, second places are looked at, and so on.
Prior to each race, a 2 lap, non-contact race will be held on the first track of the event. Players will be given one flying lap to determine their starting position (no pressure!). DNFs and people who miss qualifying (DNS) will start from the back in the order they're classified - DNFs before DNS'.
The second race will gridded as follows:
Places 11 - 24 - as per your finishing position in Race 1. If you finish 12th, you start in 12th.
Places 1 - 10 - reverse order. If you finish race in 1st, you're in 10th for race 2.
NOTE: The use of the grid system will also allow for grid penalties to be awarded for misconduct.
The Season 3 Strategy Group exists to advise on matters related to racing, to adjudicate rule decisions in an objective fashion (such as reviewing recorded footage to resolve a dispute), and to officially test cars prior to the season. This year, the group consists of Ender, Oh_Darn, Ovivo, Cloud, Bladecruiser, Chilli, Pezby, Sabertoothwolf, Superstepa, doompenguin, Grimreaper, Sugar_Free_Nos, DNL_Jackson.
Comet Engine Level 3, Transmission Level 3
Surano Engine Level 3, Transmission Level 3
Schafter V12 Engine Level 3, Transmission Level 3
Teams are given car numbers according to when they signed up. You need to indicate your team name, principal sponsor (i.e. factory team, Globe Oil, eCola etc), colours, and drivers. #1 driver should always come first in your listing, and this should match their neon colours.
Note: MAX 24 DRIVERS.
PROGEN RACING TEAM racing a Pfister Comet in Progen orange
1. The Hunter (NED)
2. endersai (AUS)
Tequila-la-la racing a Bravado Banshee in brushed black metal, ice white pearl and black
3. ovivoJR (GER)
4. Dnl_Jackson (GER)
PRO-LAPS RACING TEAM racing a Grotti Carbonizzare in orange
5. Superstepa_ (EST)
6. cloudmcshort (SWE)
AUGURY INSURANCE RACING TEAM racing a Benefactor Surano in minty fresh!
7. doompenguin (GBR)
8. Grumples_Plox (grimreaper977) (GBR)
TerrOIL RACING racing a Bravado Verlierer in black and orange
9. Madderose (FRA)
10. @pezby (AUS)
BE LUCKY AUTOSPORTS driving an Obey 9F in racing blue and candy red.
11. CHILLI (SWE)
12. bladecruiser (USA)
BRAVADO RACING driving a Bravado Banshee in grace red, formula red pearl, and a white secondary
14. Sugar_Free_Nos (USA)
15. @novesori (GER)
BUCKINGHAM RACING driving a Bravado Verlierer in dark red primary and bronze secondary.
16. jeffreyb1990 (NED)
17. bebbocasteddu (ITA)
KARIN MOTORSPORTS TEAM driving a Karin Sultan in red
18. st0cking (GER)
19. Ganjalo (FRA)
SPRUNK RACING TEAM driving a Benefactor Surano in light green
21. StoryVS (FRA)
TEAM VANILLA UNICORN driving a Karin Sultan in white and purple
22. CHill (USA)
23. Vixtro (GBR)
MAZE BACK AUTOSPORT driving a Bravado Banshee in white and red
24. Benimi (HUN)
25. redlaserbm (USA)
Race 7 & 8 - 11 March 2016 @ 9pm UTC
Fever Pitch - 24 laps, 3 pit stops
Spa Francorchamps Short - 14 laps, 2 pit stops
Maze Bank 20
Be Lucky 15
Vanilla Unicorn 12
Season 1 Driver's Champion: OvivoJR (GER), Benefactor Motorsports
Season 1 Constructor's Champions: Benefactor Motorsports (OvivoJR, fab.ICEMAN)
Season 2 Driver's Champion: Oh_Darn (NED), Pfister Racing Team
Season 2 Constructor's Champions: Pfister Racing Team (Oh_Darn & Endersai)
Season 3 Driver's Champion:
Season 3 Constructor's Champions: