I have just processed a rather large wave of sign-ups. There are quite a few things I should address now that this thread is ready to go:
1. Participants new to Broughcar are reminded that sign-ups are processed slightly differently than with other events--participants need not choose between committing to the whole season or being a reserve and potentially not getting to run races they know they can attend.
2. Some participants, should they start a race in season 2, still have outstanding grid penalties they must serve. Grid penalties issued but not served in season 2 will not carry over to (a possible) season 3. Instead, an appropriate end-of-season penalty will be assessed.
3. Participants who have raced before in Broughcar may notice that there have been a few significant rule changes. The rule changes I reference include the new pitting rules--they are a modified version of what was used in race 7 last season--and the addition of bonus points for this season. Please be sure to read through the thread carefully, even if you have been in a Broughcar race in the past.
4. To provide clarity on track limits, pit instructions, and anything else important before a particular race, a special instructions document is being constructed. It will be amended to the OP sometime before the start of race 1.
5. Following advice from FriendlyBaron and The Hunter all races in the schedule were moved back a week right before this thread got moved to try and ease the burden on participants running multiple championship events--in particular, had race 1 been run on May 20 as intended, some people may've been in line to run event races over 4 straight days. Hopefully the extra weeks' delay will work in favor of people who intend to partake in this event and another championship event and also in favor of people who may've experienced burnout from season 1.
6. Also, I'm gonna tag a shitton of people in this post since I got seats to try and fill up in this event. Probably should've said that at the start of this but whatever.
7. I will be hosting the daily playlist on April 13. The playlist that day will consist of all the tracks and vehicles to be used in this event. You guys are encouraged to attend to get a feel for how the tracks race before the season starts.
8. Skirakzalus has informed me that he will not be able to perform a list of requested changes for either of his two tracks to be featured in this event. For now I still plan to run them, but the pit instructions for race 2 will be a little different versus the rest of the oval tracks. More details on that as we get closer to that race.
that's no excuse, come in, you don't even have to drive yourself, just fix your controller with a rubber band to steer left
Shush, don't give away my tactics!
By chance are TEPCOTT and SAGTC the other championship events you're committed too? (You won't get much of a break but) the races here have been scheduled so that participants doing all three of these events do not have a week where they race in all three of them--in particular TEPCOTT concludes before this event begins.
Also good luck trying the rubber band tactic on Arcadius
Gotta say i don't think it's very advantageous for you to already have the thread up for this, it's still almost 2 months away. Anyways, onto my question: As always, i can't commit to saturday championships, especially at this (for me) early time of day. I didn't quite get how the signup works since if i can maybe only make 2-4 races, i wouldn't want to join a team since they'll pretty much be guaranteed to lose out on the teamchampionship. I wouldn't really feel good making my own team either though because there can only be 9 teams so i'd feel bad taking a spot when there's probably others who would've been able to commit fulltime Or would it be possible to, aside from the 9 teams, have an additional team with 3 members who all can't fully commit and who will just show up and drive for their team whenever they're free and there's free spots for them? Sorta like an "uncommited" team which will drive whenever they can. (ofcourse the other fulltime drivers would have priority on their race spot over us)
IGN: St0cking Playing GTA Online on PC (ﾉ´ヮ´)ﾉ*:･ﾟ✧