Post by Just Hero on Jan 18, 2016 10:35:26 GMT
As a PC player that is not returning from an old gen console, it's a big hassle when an event is being hosted and one of the cars involved is from the returning-bonus content. It means that your options are limited or you can't use your own personalized cars and take up the time of everyone involved.
This is what I propose:
Crew members that still have old gen can help solve this issue. A PSN or XBL account is created under the name of the new player, with a generic password agreed by both parties. Then the first mission is played and completed while logged into the account on the old gen console, before the new player then connects the account to his SC. Then boom, content.
I myself and many others who are on current gen would be very grateful to the old gen guys for doing it, as it improves our experience of the game.
Old gen guys will post below saying they are able to help, tagging Just Hero in their post (Adding your time zone in UTC e.g. UTC (+3) will also help people who need help from different locations around the world, but it is in no way required if you wish for your time zone not to be shown).
Anyone needing the content can add one of them and start talking. Then you can arrange it privately and avoid making this a 100 page long thread.
Props to Ishan for making this list:
1) New Generation Player creates a new PSN/Xbox account via the appropriate website.
2) Old Generation Player logs into the account with the details set up by the New Generation Player.
2) Old Generation Player plays through the GTA V prologue with that account.
3) Old Generation Player sends a private message to Newbie containing the username and password to the new PSN account.
4) New Gen. Player goes onto R* Games Social Club and selects "link a PSN/Xbox account". Depending on if your helper was on PS3 or 360, choose the correct option.
5) New Gen. Player restarts GTA V.
6) New Gen. Player has fun with his/her new toys.
Another way to do this is through Slack. This is a text-based communication system Nodo use to chat, socialise and arrange things (sort of like a text-only TeamSpeak). You can join our slack channel in the link thread above. There you can join either the PS3 or X360 channels and talk to people there. This is a much more impromptu way of doing things, so I recommend you only do this if you have an event really soon that you need the car for. I would be a shame if they were spammed so much they got sick of it and stopped helping everyone.
Current available players with old gen consoles:
thedelgadic1 (UTC -8)
RcNumbers (UTC +1) [Slack Only]
SteveJEWBZ (UTC -6)
Naebowski (UTC +1)
doubleg213 (UTC +0)
appo1905 (UTC +1)
KlassikKiller (UTC -5)